Friday, June 01, 2007

Summer Reading Challenge

Well, I guess I am going to give this another shot. As you can see from my previous post, I didn't finish my Spring list. I hate making excuses for slacking, so I won't!

One thing I did discover about my reading habits is that I am a dipper. A dipper is someone who reads a lot of books at once, but not in their entirety. I pick up tons of books throughout the year, dip into them but never finish a single one! These generally come from the non-fiction section of the library, which probably explains why I am a walking encyclopedia of useless knowledge! I don't find this dipping habit a problem, but it doesn't help me cross off the fiction titles I want to complete.
Over the weekend I am going to choose three fiction books to work through for this challenge. I'm going to shelve the Ayn Rand book for a while. I realized that I'm just not ready for that, plus the print is so small in that book I either need a magnifying glass to read it or a large-print copy! I think I will keep a running list of all the books I dip into during this challenge so I can see just how out of control this habit is! I should have the post up by Monday, so check back then.

Amanda

1 comment:

Janie said...

Hi Amanda,

I've got you linked at Seasonal Soundings!
Glad to have you aboard again!

Janie